GD
Mr. Suman and his friend X use to do combined study. They use to prepare for the exams together. X suffers from a disease and resorts to using unfair means in the 6th semester in his MBA College. He uses calculators to write complex formula in it. Mr. Suman is caught in a dilemma. Should he report to the authorities as his friend X was breaching the honour code of the college or should he respect the trust his friend holds in him. The problem worsens as many more students resort to the same means. After the examination results come in and Mr. Suman gets A grade and all the students who used calculator get a bad grade. What should he do now? If he informs the authorities there is a possibility of re examination. There is also a possibility of punishment against these guys. A re exam would mean that Mr. Suman may not get the same grade and which may affect his institute rank. What should Suman do?
People start with identifying the problem then identifying what is the root cause. They discuss his dilemma and also possible outcomes of his reporting. There are suggestions that he should inform the authorities to check the problem on a long term scope. There are questions raised on the selfish nature of Suman. May be he is self focused that is why he is not doing anything about the problem. I suggested that he should talk to his friend and fellow students and tell them that because of their unethical practices their performance is going down as well as the honour code of the college is being breached. There was a lengthy discussion again with people suggesting that medical help should be given to X and a long term solution to the problem should be reached.
I just spoke 3-4 times in the GD. Spoke very little. I did a blunder in the end when we were asked to write the summary of the discussion. One of the persons said “Stop writing”. I was in the middle of a sentence and continued to write. He said to me “I said stop writing. Why are you writing? “. I said “Sir I was in the middle of a sentence”. “But I said stop writing”. “Sorry Sir”
PI
I was the last one to be called for the PI.
Out of the two interviewers only one asked the questions.
Me: Sir Please may I come in
1st Interviewer: Yes you may
2nd Interviewer: You may take the seat
Me: Thank you sir
2nd Interviewer: Pushkal, I see you have a very good rank in IIT JEE, (Going through the pages) 1388. You also had a good department Mechanical Engineering. But your performance in the academics is not that good. Can you tell me why?
Me: Sir I was involved in a lot of extracurricular activities
2nd Interviewer: I do not see any extracurricular activity here (again looking at the page)
Me: Sir it’s on the other side of the page
2nd Interviewer: hmm, Hockey
Me: Football also
2nd Interviewer: Ok Pushkal. I am giving you a metal strip of this*this * this dimension. Tell me the chronology of test you will carry out on this strip to deduce the properties of this material.
Me: Aa...Sir Strength test, then Hardness then Corrosives test on the surface
2nd Interviewer: Hardness followed by strength followed by corrosiveness. Are you sure this is the right chronology?
Me: No sir Strength followed by Hardness.
2nd Interviewer: How?
Me: Sir we will perform the strength test. In this we apply pressure on the ends to determine the breaking stress and the material will divide into two.
2nd Interviewer: This is a destructive test. This should be performed at last. Why do you want to perform it in the beginning?
Me: Sir to conduct a test we do not need the entire material. We just need a sample of the material. We will still have them after this test.
2nd Interviewer: You have a car component. You have to develop a suitable component that can take up the required pressure and strain. How will you do?
Me: Aa...a...
2nd Interviewer: You have three types of methods. Casting, Forging and machining to make the suitable part. Which method will you use to make any car component?
Me: Sir I can use casting followed by machining to make Gears in a car.
2nd Interviewer: No...Then he said something...Something...and came to forging....can you use forging to make a component?
Me: Yes sir.....
2nd Interviewer: What type of method you will use to make a component with specific properties?
Me: I can use Machining to give specific surface property to the material. I can also use casting using property specific material followed by forging.
2nd Interviewer: Can you use Forging after Casting?
Me: Sir I do not know
2nd Interviewer: Do you want to change your answer?
Me: No sir
2nd Interviewer: Give me an example
Me: Sir I am not sure about it
2nd Interviewer: You cannot use forging followed by casting.
Me: noded
2nd Interviewer: Tell me Pushkal, you have tolerances in materials..plus minus... How do you determine tolerance?
Me: We use tolerances when we have to fix one part to another. Company’s when they order a part they give dimensional tolerance to the part they order someone. Plus minus according to their requirement
2nd Interviewer: No tell me in mechanical engineering terms how do you determine tolerance?
Me: Sir I give certain plus minus dimensional limit to the particular part.
2nd Interviewer: Leave the part. Do not join any part. You know thermal coefficient. Coefficient of thermal expansion.... I am looking something related to that
Me: Sir certain materials may be used at high temperature. There dimension can change. Keeping that in mind and the temperature range in which they have to work I calculate the tolerance for the part.
The 1st Interviewer was going through my file during the first 5 minutes of the interview. And had kept it back closed after going through it.
2nd Interviewer: Looks at the other interviewer...in a way to ask him if he wanted to ask any question...the 1st interviewer makes a gesture using his head in a way to suggest nothing...
2nd Interviewer: You may go.
Me: Thank you
Mr. Suman and his friend X use to do combined study. They use to prepare for the exams together. X suffers from a disease and resorts to using unfair means in the 6th semester in his MBA College. He uses calculators to write complex formula in it. Mr. Suman is caught in a dilemma. Should he report to the authorities as his friend X was breaching the honour code of the college or should he respect the trust his friend holds in him. The problem worsens as many more students resort to the same means. After the examination results come in and Mr. Suman gets A grade and all the students who used calculator get a bad grade. What should he do now? If he informs the authorities there is a possibility of re examination. There is also a possibility of punishment against these guys. A re exam would mean that Mr. Suman may not get the same grade and which may affect his institute rank. What should Suman do?
People start with identifying the problem then identifying what is the root cause. They discuss his dilemma and also possible outcomes of his reporting. There are suggestions that he should inform the authorities to check the problem on a long term scope. There are questions raised on the selfish nature of Suman. May be he is self focused that is why he is not doing anything about the problem. I suggested that he should talk to his friend and fellow students and tell them that because of their unethical practices their performance is going down as well as the honour code of the college is being breached. There was a lengthy discussion again with people suggesting that medical help should be given to X and a long term solution to the problem should be reached.
I just spoke 3-4 times in the GD. Spoke very little. I did a blunder in the end when we were asked to write the summary of the discussion. One of the persons said “Stop writing”. I was in the middle of a sentence and continued to write. He said to me “I said stop writing. Why are you writing? “. I said “Sir I was in the middle of a sentence”. “But I said stop writing”. “Sorry Sir”
PI
I was the last one to be called for the PI.
Out of the two interviewers only one asked the questions.
Me: Sir Please may I come in
1st Interviewer: Yes you may
2nd Interviewer: You may take the seat
Me: Thank you sir
2nd Interviewer: Pushkal, I see you have a very good rank in IIT JEE, (Going through the pages) 1388. You also had a good department Mechanical Engineering. But your performance in the academics is not that good. Can you tell me why?
Me: Sir I was involved in a lot of extracurricular activities
2nd Interviewer: I do not see any extracurricular activity here (again looking at the page)
Me: Sir it’s on the other side of the page
2nd Interviewer: hmm, Hockey
Me: Football also
2nd Interviewer: Ok Pushkal. I am giving you a metal strip of this*this * this dimension. Tell me the chronology of test you will carry out on this strip to deduce the properties of this material.
Me: Aa...Sir Strength test, then Hardness then Corrosives test on the surface
2nd Interviewer: Hardness followed by strength followed by corrosiveness. Are you sure this is the right chronology?
Me: No sir Strength followed by Hardness.
2nd Interviewer: How?
Me: Sir we will perform the strength test. In this we apply pressure on the ends to determine the breaking stress and the material will divide into two.
2nd Interviewer: This is a destructive test. This should be performed at last. Why do you want to perform it in the beginning?
Me: Sir to conduct a test we do not need the entire material. We just need a sample of the material. We will still have them after this test.
2nd Interviewer: You have a car component. You have to develop a suitable component that can take up the required pressure and strain. How will you do?
Me: Aa...a...
2nd Interviewer: You have three types of methods. Casting, Forging and machining to make the suitable part. Which method will you use to make any car component?
Me: Sir I can use casting followed by machining to make Gears in a car.
2nd Interviewer: No...Then he said something...Something...and came to forging....can you use forging to make a component?
Me: Yes sir.....
2nd Interviewer: What type of method you will use to make a component with specific properties?
Me: I can use Machining to give specific surface property to the material. I can also use casting using property specific material followed by forging.
2nd Interviewer: Can you use Forging after Casting?
Me: Sir I do not know
2nd Interviewer: Do you want to change your answer?
Me: No sir
2nd Interviewer: Give me an example
Me: Sir I am not sure about it
2nd Interviewer: You cannot use forging followed by casting.
Me: noded
2nd Interviewer: Tell me Pushkal, you have tolerances in materials..plus minus... How do you determine tolerance?
Me: We use tolerances when we have to fix one part to another. Company’s when they order a part they give dimensional tolerance to the part they order someone. Plus minus according to their requirement
2nd Interviewer: No tell me in mechanical engineering terms how do you determine tolerance?
Me: Sir I give certain plus minus dimensional limit to the particular part.
2nd Interviewer: Leave the part. Do not join any part. You know thermal coefficient. Coefficient of thermal expansion.... I am looking something related to that
Me: Sir certain materials may be used at high temperature. There dimension can change. Keeping that in mind and the temperature range in which they have to work I calculate the tolerance for the part.
The 1st Interviewer was going through my file during the first 5 minutes of the interview. And had kept it back closed after going through it.
2nd Interviewer: Looks at the other interviewer...in a way to ask him if he wanted to ask any question...the 1st interviewer makes a gesture using his head in a way to suggest nothing...
2nd Interviewer: You may go.
Me: Thank you
2 comments:
chut pussy!!!
:) saala ek 6aggi se acads ka interview lenge...aur interview mein acads ke siva aur kuch bhi nahi poochenge...is zayada dardaniye baat aur kya ho sakti hai...:)
Post a Comment