Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the chicken story


A chicken is born..fed well and brought up....then it dies...that is the usual story of a chicken..and then there was its post life story..cooked in tandoori...reaching our stomach for salvation...until the villain came in..BIRD FLU....this dreaded virus is not only killing the poor bird but also taking it away from us....it has affected everyone...I would say the least affected is chicken, itself..."idiot living carelessly not watching out for the flu"...and why not....it knows ultimately it has to die....so why would it be affected......but who are the real victims...us...we use to enjoy every piece of it...huh...gone are the days when we use to raise leg pieces... to show off to the hapless vegetarian what they were missing....Think what does life have for a guy like me - money, girls and chicken....I do not have money..I do not have girls (as in girl friends)...the only thing I had was chicken...and this..this cursed Bird flu!!.. took it away.......What do I have(as in Deewar movie dialogue)??...my mother’s phone calls....”Do not eat chicken”...then there are tonnes of reason why not.....not once mentioning the ultimate reason for not having chicken....”see what is the use of getting sick when you can prevent it”...”chicken is only a type of food...aisa to nahi hai na ki chicken ke bina aur kuch khaane ko nahi hai”..... even if I do not think about myself....I would say that today bird flu is the root cause of all the problems arising in India....take for example Sensex....mid Jan bird flu started to pick up...and Sensex started to fall..and it is still volatile...then there are Maoists attacking in Orissa... sons of the soil movement in Maharashtra ....why!!..because they are not getting chicken to eat..so they are upset...they cannot stay home..and enjoy chicken........they are restless......had chicken been there...there mind would have not thought about attacking or soil....cant these Ambani brothers or Tata think of an innovative end to end solution to this problem....I’ll help them out in defining the ends..one end is the birth of the chicken...the other end is our starved stomach...do research..take out IPOs to raise funds...whatever...this should be the foremost thing in Union Budget...the people of the country are calling out to the government...”you give us chicken and we will give you vote”.....what a misery...the old saying of beauty and the beast does not hold any more...where the chicken piece was the beauty and we were the beast..... can’t the Americans do anything...they have a nag to interfere in other countries....what is the use of 123 nuclear deal when we will not have chicken to cook and use this energy thus generated...even Mayawati is given protection...cant they give protection to chicken....this argument is unending...there can be numerous effects that have been cascading from this loss of chicken to flu....we can only look in the sky and pray...”Save Chicken from bird flu and give it back to our plates”


No comments: