Tuesday, March 04, 2008

the brute of tegbahadur road...


I have a pet dog; pomeranian...white coloured...well this is not about the dog nor is it about its licking and butter as Frosty a friend of mine will put it..this is not about my intimate moments with my dogs as Navjot another friend of mine will put it...this is also not about my mother feeding me in my dogs bowl as my friend Rahul will put it....I went home in December...it was a cold winter noon..there was a cold breeze blowing...there was no sign of any other human being...I was taking my dog for a walk...walk/stroll is quite a relevant word, usually used for the business that my dog goes on to do outside...anyways we have a 50m lane in which my house is on one side..this lane starts with two “leechi ke bagh” on either side...I took my dog to this part of the lane..so that it gets done with its business in the bagh...from the turn to our lane a girl was coming....she was holding some book or something....my dog was moving about carelessly in the bagh near the edge of the road....as she came closer she stopped...holding her book tighter and closer to herself.... she was holding on to her book in way as if someone was taking off her dupata....she looked to me and said...”App isse pakad lo” gesturing towards my dog....I said “Chale jayo, kuch nahi karega”.....the girl as if someone was draining her out said..”nahi aap use pakad lo”.....being a good citizen I approached my dog to get hold of it...my dog turned around to look at the girl...and took a position....the position is the one that dog’s take to let out their excreta...and then it began...the procedure...while the girl held on to her book and dupata...I looked on as a silent observer..not intending ot interfere with the nature's call..not once disturbing my dog....for the thought of having to bring it back again outside for a stroll...when my dog was done..it was like it was saying to the girl “Take this.....”.... we went back into our house and hopefully the girl reached her destination.....I do not think anyone else would have felt more victorious then my dog...being a pomeranian...it scared the shit out of a miserable girl....and I being its master stood there watching dumbfound helplessly....


No comments: